enTel's Sonic High-speed Wireless Internet to homes is now available in New Aiyansh, Gitwinksihlkw, Laxgalts'ap and Gingolx.
8 GB Bandwidth/mo
1 Email Inboxes
12 GB Bandwidth/mo
2 Email Inboxes
20 GB Bandwidth/mo
4 Email Inboxes
35 GB Bandwidth/mo
4 Email Inboxes
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does enTel's broadband work? Is it like cable or DSL?
enTel Sonic Wireless Internet is a wireless broadband access Provider. We use Tranzeo equipment, a very robust, carrier-grade system that is capable of penetrating buildings and the heavy foliage that we find everywhere in the initial areas.
From our primary tower location in each of our communities connected by fibre to our Internet access in Terrace BC, we distribute radio frequency signals through a network of base stations, which then redistributes the signal right to the subscriber unit (or antenna) on the individual home or business.
The antenna is a bit larger than your bathroom fan cover and points towards the access point with the best connection rate in your community. The antenna is installed on a mast that is traditionally used for common satellite dishes.
In some cases, a residential development or larger business may have a "back bone" or existing infrastructure that would allow us to tie in at one point and distribute to each residence over that medium.
- How secure are the wireless signals?
Sonic Wireless Internet has X levels for protection of signal.
- All data is transferred using a 128 bit encryption.
- Only Tranzeo equipment can make a connection to our network.
- Only Sonic pass codes can allow anyone to access specific Tranzeo equipment. These pass codes are not just your individual log-in profile that you use to get on the network, but an internal system with multiple layers and types of authentication.
- Anyone who tries to make ANY connection on Sonic Wireless Network must have a valid, active and current account or the attempt to connect will be immediately terminated. These are not the only means by which we provide security but they are the cornerstones that give us the confidence to say that no one need worry about using Sonic Wireless for Wireless Broadband Access.
- Do I need to buy a modem?
The fee for the individual subscriber unit includes the antenna, installation (which includes the running of the wire into the house to one point of connection) and activation. The antenna comes with a power adapter that plugs into an electrical receptacle and then into your computer (or a router which can be wired or wireless). No other equipment is required. This equipment remains the property of enTel.